Mobile Agents and Bluetooth
is a technology for short range radio communication. Originally
the companies Nokia and
Ericsson came up with the idea.
Bluetooth has a nominal range of 10m and 100m with increased power.
The applications for mobile agents are myriads.
Dirk Struve, 1998--09-20, 2000-10-03
- Entering a big department store, you automatically receive
a mobile agent to guide you around. Of course this also works for:
Consider the big advantage this means for disabled people who can get
the information on a device and in a form of their choice.
- Train stations
- Shopping malls
- Nearly everything
- An agent is sent into a shopping mall to find special offers.
- Children playing with their pets who can transfer from one mobile
device to the other.
- An engineer enters a factory for finding an error of some kind. He
owns an analysis program in form of a mobile agent. The program transfers
into the machines of the factory to find the error.
- A worker has to do several tasks in different buildings of a factory.
When entering a building, a mobile program hops into his PDA to assist
him with his task, for example checking for hot spots in a power plant.