Distributed Computing using Mobile Agents
Mobile agents can be wandering around in a network using free
resources for their own computations.
- Computers in a department are used to handle time consuming
- Computers all around the internet provide a virtual supercomputer.
- Simulation of complex systems. Examples: Production lines, logistics, social, biological, economical
and military problems.
- Supercomputers with nearly no costs even for smaller companies and
- Ideal for scientific tasks. Compared to the
mobile agents are much more modern, because after the installation of an
agent server the computer is ready for a lot of different tasks and new versions
of the computation program
Dirk Struve, 1998-09-20, 2000-10-03
- Agents are not suitable for every kind of computation.
- The software must be specially written.