Mobile Agents and Offline Tasks
Mobile agents could be used for offline tasks the following way:
- An agent is sent out into the internet to do some task.
- The agent performs it's task while the home computer is offline.
- The agent returns with it's results.
- Fetching a file through a slow connection.
- A time consuming search for information.
- Agent buys something on the internet.
Dirk Struve, 1998--09-20, 2000-10-03
- Cheap, because of short online times.
- Works in slow networks.
- Useful in unrelieable networks.