Frequently Asked Questions
Licensing is complicated. May I use Tazuna for my work to create websites?
Tazuna's version number is so low. Is it already usable?
Yes. To me a version number 1.0 means: Feature complete and stable. A version number below 1.0 means: It is still not feature complete and not thoroughly tested.
However I use Tazuna myself and all documented features should work.
Something does not work. What should I do?
Please check for common mistakes first:
- Check for typos. This is the most common source for errors.
- In content files dont't start a placeholder on the first position of a line unless you want to define the content of that placeholder.
- Delete the contents of the output directory and run Tazuna again. Often some files are renamed and the old ones remain in the out-directory.
- When you use book-placeholders, Tazuna must be run two times, because the first run only creates new content files.
- When using a lot of Creole markup, you might get exceptions, because the stack size is too small. Try java -Xss8m -jar tazuna.jar ... or java -server -jar tazuna.jar ...
If problems still remain, contact me.
What does Tazuna mean?
- It's the Japanese word for rein of a horse.
- It's a character from the popular Naruto manga series, where Tazuna is a bridge builder. He is probably not the most likeable character but he builds good bridges.
- It's a kind of sushi.